Fitness Training in India
Sometimes I wonder why aren’t Indian business tycoons and movie stars hiring local personal trainers to train them instead of getting folks from outside or at least having 5 trainers trained by specialists and have them spread the knowledge.
Then I realize 3 things –
- Fitness training is not considered a full time job back home. And everything has to go with being into specialized skill sets that are accepted outside the Country. Or something that society defines as acceptable. Every job is a respectable job but many people still live under a rock.
- Sharing knowledge is something that doesn’t come easily to everyone for the simple fact that it might affect their own business. It comes down to security and money at the end of the day. The flip side is it is typical mindset that one size fits all. If something worked for person A, it should work for person B. Doesn’t work that way.
- Most career choices are based off of how much money a person can make, not based out of interest. Perhaps this is the reason why many trainers outside of India are sought after because earning money is a by-product of the work they do and the passion they exude. It’s a survive vs thrive scenario.
Not saying it’s right or wrong, just the mechanics of things each country has to offer and the lifestyle differences. Of course, everything is evolving now, and these are points to ponder.
I write from my heart.
I'd write even if no one was reading.
"Offending people since 1977"
Latest posts by Coach V (see all)
- “Hichki” – Not a “Taare Zameen Par” but an experience of its own - March 27, 2018
- Seeking Fulfillment and not Validation - February 19, 2018
- My Inability To Maintain Relationships - January 28, 2018