7 Signs of Self Abandonment
As I’m going through healing with therapy, I want to share with you what I have learned. The reason I’m not afraid of sharing these things anymore is because I am working on letting go of FEAR. These are issues I grew up with. It’s a lot of work working on each and every item listed below. Healing can take place if you have a good support system in place. In the absence of support system, you have to turn to a professional to navigate through the issues that can help you be a better person. None of us have to be arrogant to think we don’t need work. Everyone needs work. And healing takes time.
So! Here’s a list of signs of self abandonment:
1) Saying yes when you want to say no. You’re told you’re selfish for creating healthy boundaries.
2) Unable to express your own needs for fear of anger in retaliation.
3) Settling for less. Aka chalta hai. Or everyone does this type excuse.
4) Doing things just to please the narcissist in your life or just to keep peace and sanity.
5) Allowing to be treated like a door mat. Could include Silent Treatment, Ignoring, Ghosting, Mistreating in front of others or in private, dismissing your hard work and contributions and only glorifying their input. Overriding your talk and not allowing you to speak. One way talk.
6) Your decisions are made based on fear and not being rational. The narcissist in your life cannot take “no” for an answer. No means no, irrespective of gender.
7) Overly Negative inner critic.
If you’re noticing symptoms above, it’s high time you reach out to a good therapist in your area who can help you address and overcome these issues.
Hope this helps you all.
Love and Gratitude,
I’m not a medical professional. I’m just sharing whatever I know from my point of view.